(All photos taken in this blog post are taken by the very talented Ami)
624 days. That’s how long it’s been since I last posted and we all know what “that” blog post was. I needed a break. You hear about the fight or flight response to stress and that’s exactly what happened – I literally had to RUN RUN RUN away.
For those of you that don’t know what happened – I had an awful PR experience that kind of put me off the whole blogging universe for life, 624 days if we are going to be really precise here. I uploaded a post and then the client said that it didn’t ‘fit the brief’ / the images looked staged. (They didn’t even supply a brief by the way) This then resulted in them saying that they weren’t going to pay me for my content and that I needed to take it down. Enough to put anyone off don’t you think?
ANYWAYS, that’s not what this blog post today is all about. This is Very Berry Cosmo 2.0 and I have so much to update you on. 624 Days is a long time eh?!
As I sit here typing I’m trying to not panic. DON’T PANIC KAYLEIGH. DO NOT PANIC. I think I’ve totally forgotten how to write, do you know how long I’ve spent looking at a blank white screen right now?!
So many thoughts are in my head. Why am I doing this? Am I even relevant anymore? Do people really care what I have to say? I also don’t have a clue how to even use THIS platform. About a year ago I decided to take the jump from Blogger to WordPress AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING. AAAAAAHH. HSIFIHSRJKSOF. It looks pretty good though right? Thanks Phil from pipdig, you are awesome!
I’ve still got a lot of work to do on it though, please bear with me whilst I learn how to even do the most basic things. WHY ISN’T MY FONT BOLD WHEN I CLICK THE B. Also, NEW Very Berry Cosmo means a shiny NEW logo. It was about time we ditched the raspberries and blueberries wasn’t it? Let’s face it, I’ve called you my strawbs for as long as I can remember!
Things that have happened since we last spoke (some good, some not so good):
- Jordan and I went on the most AMAZING trip to Iceland. We saw the Northern Lights on my 24th birthday and it was truly magical.
- I’ve made some really good friends lately, ones that proper have your back. So that’s reyt nice. (Am I Yorkshire now? Am I speaking Yorkshire?)
- I’m a rather unwell bean. I have a range of symptoms similar to ME, CFS and Fibromyalgia, however the doctors aren’t entirely sure what is wrong. It could be anything, but I am seeing a specialist in a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed we get a diagnosis soon! Waiting on the diagnosis is truly the worst.
- WE. HAVE. A. HOUSE. I can’t believe Jordan and I have lived in it for almost a year now, and we still haven’t completely unpacked.. opps… but yeah, it’s lovely, it’s ours.
- I’ve cried, a lot.
- I’ve read, a lot.
- Visited lots of beautiful places and not taken photos. I’ve just really enjoyed being in that moment.
- I’ve been having exposure therapy for OCD, and it has really helped. I highly recommend it, but I’m sure you will hear all about that in a blog post coming soon *wink wink* – It’s incredibly difficult to begin with because you have to ‘face your fears’ and do all sorts of nasty things where you look at the therapist like WHAT NO. But in the long run, I have come so far. Saying that, my OCD diagnosis has somewhat changed now. I would say I am suffering with depression more so, mainly due to physical health problems.
- I’m potentially being made redundant at the end of the month. That is some seriously pooey news coming up to Christmas so I would appreciate it SO much if you could send any graphic design opportunities my way.
- I pretended to be a fashion blogger for a day, and that was fun. (below)
I’m super excited to be back, and I hope you are too! Make sure you keep an eye out for my upcoming posts, I have some great content coming up, lots of words and emotions coming from my heart <3 Stay tuned!
Like what you see? Let’s be social media friends! ♥
I am on Facebook! Please support my page and give me a like! xoxo